Kheirat Khan School
Wednesday , 03/15/2017 - 16:23
حیاط-مدرسه-خیراتخان
Kheirat Khan Seminary School which is now on the east side of the Razavi Holy Shrine was constructed by Kheirat Khan, a noble and prominent man of the time, in 1057 AH/ 1647. Construction of the school was concurrent with government of Shah Abbas II.
Kheirat Khan Seminary School which is now on the east side of the Razavi Holy Shrine was constructed by Kheirat Khan, a noble and prominent man of the time, in 1057 AH/ 1647. Construction of the school was concurrent with government of Shah Abbas II.   
The ground of the center is 1500 square meters and it has got a rectangular courtyard. On each side of this courtyard there are two-floor buildings. There are also two high porches in north and south sides of the yard. This kind of architecture can be seen after Timurid government, in Safavid era.
As one of the most prestigious and most famous seminary schools in the country, this center lost its prosperity and scientific enthusiasm after the fall of Safavid dynasty.
As a result of anti-religion policies of the first Pahlavi king, this school whose building had become out of order was closed, like other seminary schools of the city. Kheirat Khan School was never reconstructed during second Pahlavi king as well.  After the victory of the Islamic Revolution and despite of great endeavors of Astan Quds Razavi’s Custodian and technical experts, the center was completely collapsed, as a result of decay and destruction of its foundations, and was rebuilt again with same map and original plan.
Source :