Bala sar Mosque
Monday , 04/17/2017 - 14:45
مسجد بالاسر
After the Razavi Tomb, Bala sar Mosque is most historic part of the Razavi Holy Shrine. This small mosque is located in the western part of the grave and over Imam’s (A.S.) holy head. The mosque is located between the shrine and Dar al-Siyadah Portico with 8 meters length, 4.5 meters width and 10 meters height.
After the Razavi Tomb, Bala sar Mosque is most historic part of the Razavi Holy Shrine. This small mosque is located in the western part of the grave and over Imam’s (A.S.) holy head. The mosque is located between the shrine and Dar al-Siyadah Portico with 8 meters length, 4.5 meters width and 10 meters height.
Balasar Mosque has got three alcoves of east, west, and north. The eastern alcove is connected to the Holy Shrine and through which pilgrims can enter the mosque, after doing their pilgrimage. With the intention of saying prayer in the vicinity of Imam’s (A.S.) holy head, pilgrims have a two-unit pilgrimage prayer there. Based on a narration, there had been a wall between the shrine and eastern alcove. This wall was removed and the mosque was connected to the shrine in 1227 AH/ 1812 when Muhammad Wali Mirza was the governor general of Khorasan. The northern alcove of the mosque is connected to the Dar al-Shokr Portico.
On the south side of the Bala sar Mosque, there is an altar of beautiful mosaic tiles with a very interesting design. Beside this altar, the date 1363 AH/1943 and on the other side, the name of altar’s tile maker and painter (Muhammad Khan Rezvan) has been written in the form of node tiles.  Bala sar Mosque’s decorations and wall designs is the same as those of Holy Shrine and in continuation of them. At the top of these wall designs, stone inscription of the shrine with Persian poems can be seen in Nastaleeq style and in black. The distance between wall designs and mosaics has all been filled with these Persian poems. 
Key words :